In this episode I speak with my dear friend, Sunny Rose Healey, Ayurvedic practitioner and teacher.
In this episode we talk about:
• a basic introduction to Ayurveda
• 4 wise questions to ask to know if a particular regimen is good for you
• tuning into natural rhythms in our days and through the seasons
• the importance of digesting not only our food and drink, but every experience that comes our way
• the importance of tending the digestive fire, “the mother fire,” and ways to do so
• the essential practice of self massage with oil
• self-regulation in a dis-regulated world
• the essential practice: doing much more of nothing
I loved this conversation so much and I know you will too. I especially love Sunny’s life-giving style. She’s not a fundamentalist but someone who understands the importance of weaving wisdom ways into a real, messy, everyday life.
Sunny’s experience of holistic healing began by necessity, when she suffered from digestive disturbances, headaches, cervical cancer and physical pain, and found no answers in conventional medicine.
She studied Ayurvedic medicine with several wonderful teachers, and eventually found her main teacher, Dr. Vasant Lad, and his school the Ayurvedic Institute, where she was first a grateful student, and later a faculty member.
Sunny has also been a student of life, birth and medicine under the tutelage of indigenous medicine teachers, and magnificent midwives.
She has a private Ayurvedic Medicine practice and herbal medicine company in Santa Fe, New Mexico where she lives with her husband and two young children.
Find Sunny’s services at www.mamayurveda.com
and find her herbal product company at www.mamayurvedamedicinals.com