We're honored to welcome you to our online home!
We are Carl Rabke & Erin Geesaman Rabke.
Together, we are honored to steward a living body of work we call Integrative Embodiment.
We describe ourselves as Somatic Naturalists and Embodiment Mentors. Between us, we have more than 50 years of experience offering somatic education and bodywork, and more years than that in deep study.
We are passionate about our ongoing education and about weaving the gifts of somatic work into the healing not only of our human community but our wider, wild world, today and into the future. We love to share the profound benefits of the beautiful lineages we carry with others.
We have extensive training in The Feldenkrais Method, Embodied Life Work, Tai Chi and Qi Gong, Focusing and Embodied Listening, Soul Work, Grief Tending, The 19 Ways, and Buddhist meditation in the traditions of Lojong and Dzogchen.
In addition, Carl has extensive training in Fighting Monkey, Circlesongs, Structural Integration
and Erin has years of training in Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy, and The Work That Reconnects/Deep Ecology.
We're also parents, writers, podcasters, permaculture gardeners, beekeepers, home herbalists, and passionate learners. We are committed to liberatory love and courageous kindness in the service of healing and all our work is aimed toward the dismantling of systems of oppression in our body-minds, our communities, our culture, and the wider world.
We are madly in love with each other and with this gorgeous animate Earth.
We not only engage in this work professionally; we're grateful to say it infuses every aspect of our lives.
Here Are Some Ways You Might Work With Us:
- Jump into Weaving Glimpses to experience short glimpses of potent practices and perspectives woven into your daily life. Drawn from meditation, embodiment, ecology, and soul, you'll love these little portals that give access to your full aliveness, presence, wisdom, compassion, and sanity. Just $19/month.
- Join us any weekday morning for live embodied meditation offered by donation. Join our Patreon to make a donation and receive the zoom link and a detailed invitation. Whether you meditate or not, this is a lovely way to support our podcast!
- Sign up for private sessions in Feldenkrais, Structural Integration, and Embodied Life Work
- Attend live online or in-person Workshops, Courses, and Community Grief-Tending & Praise Practice Gatherings
- Retreat with us in beautiful places
- Read our writings
- Listen to our inspiring podcast!
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to sign up for our much-loved newsletter.
Ultimately, all of our work is about helping people to grow embodied presence, courageous intimacy with life, and a liberating kindness toward what is, all aimed toward the thriving well-being of all beings who live on Earth now and into the future.
We can't say it any better than Mary Oliver:
"You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves."
We believe with our whole hearts that embodiment matters deeply –
not only for our personal well-being but for the healing of our world.
Warmest welcome to our online home!
“Erin and Carl Rabke are two of the most awake, compassionate, and embodied practitioners I have worked with. Both of them bring inspiration, subtlety and exquisite nuance to their instruction. They are deeply in touch with their audience and I would entrust anyone to their reliable hands.”
Diane Musho Hamilton, author of Everything is Workable and The Zen of You and Me
A note from Carl: Greeting friends, Tomorrow I begin a 6-week live, online course on Coming Home to Your Animal Body. When I use the term animal body, I am not referring to anything exotic or esoteric, but rather our own ordinary humanness when we are not lost in thought, disconnected from our bodies, and holding…Read More
A Note from Carl: When I was in fourth grade in 1982, Mr. Ostrander, the middle school music teacher, came in to do a demonstration of all the different instruments we could study in 5th grade. Before the presentation, I had decided on drums, I wanted to be a drummer. I was always moving, tapping…Read More
A Note from Erin: For the past many months, I’ve been in what’s not exactly a midlife crisis, but a midlife deep cocooning. It’s invited a dissolution of much of who I’ve known myself to be. I’m practicing trusting this transformation into imaginal cell goo and the Soul’s knowing of what is next, while understanding it…Read More