We're honored to welcome you to our online home!
We are Carl Rabke & Erin Geesaman Rabke.
Together, we are honored to steward a living body of work we call Integrative Embodiment.
We describe ourselves as Somatic Naturalists and Embodiment Mentors. Between us, we have more than 50 years of experience offering somatic education and bodywork (and more years than that in deep study.)
We are passionate about our ongoing education and about weaving the gifts of somatic work into the healing not only of our human community but our wider, wild world, today and into the future. We love to share the profound benefits of the beautiful lineages we carry with others.
We have extensive training in The Feldenkrais Method, Embodied Life Work, Structural Integration (Carl), The Work That Reconnects (Erin), Tai Chi and Qi Gong, Focusing, Soul Work, Grief Tending, The 19 Ways, Buddhist meditation in the traditions of Lojong and Dzogchen, Ayurveda, Yoga Therapy, and more.
We're also parents, writers, podcasters, permaculture gardeners, beekeepers, home-herbalists, and passionate learners. We are committed to liberatory love and courageous kindness in the service of healing and aimed toward dismantling of systems of oppression in our body-minds, our communities, our culture, and the wider world.
We are madly in love with each other and with this gorgeous animate Earth.
We not only engage in this work professionally; we're grateful to say it infuses every aspect of our lives.
Here Are Some Ways You Might Work With Us:
- Jump into Weaving Glimpses to experience short glimpses of potent practices and perspectives woven into your daily life. Drawn from meditation, embodiment, ecology, and soul, you'll love these little portals that give access to your full aliveness, presence, wisdom, compassion, and sanity. Just $19/month.
- Join us any weekday morning for live embodied meditation offered by donation. Join our Patreon to make a donation and receive the zoom link and a detailed invitation.
- Join our enlivening ongoing at-home somatic education course The Embodiment Lab
- Sign up for private sessions in Feldenkrais, Structural Integration, and Embodied Life Work
- Attend live online or in-person Workshops, Courses, and Community Grief-Tending & Praise Practice Gatherings
- Retreat with us in beautiful places
- Read our writings
- Listen to our inspiring podcast!
- Scroll to the bottom of this page to sign up for our much-loved newsletter.
Ultimately, all of our work is about helping people to grow embodied presence, courageous intimacy with life, and a liberating kindness toward what is, all aimed toward the thriving well-being of all beings who live on Earth now and into the future.
We can't say it any better than Mary Oliver:
"You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves."
We believe with our whole hearts that embodiment matters deeply –
not only for our personal well-being, but for the healing of our world.
Warmest welcome to our online home!
“Erin and Carl Rabke are two of the most awake, compassionate, and embodied practitioners I have worked with. Both of them bring inspiration, subtlety and exquisite nuance to their instruction. They are deeply in touch with their audience and I would entrust anyone to their reliable hands.”
Diane Musho Hamilton, author of Everything is Workable and The Zen of You and Me
A Note from Erin: Hello, brilliant human! Whether you’re inspired, brokenhearted, grateful, tired, disappointed, deeply enchanted, or some swirl of all of these and more – I am sending warm-hearted wishes your way. Your happiness is my happiness. Your suffering is mine too. I’m radiating care and reverence into all the nooks and crannies of our…Read More
Limitation: A Generous Teacher When I was 14 years old back in the 1980s, I used to go to a bookstore at the mall with my girlfriend and we’d get all excited about discovering books on such far-out topics as shamanism, new-age philosophy, astrology, and anything remotely resembling an altered state of consciousness, as profoundly…Read More
On Friday night I had the honor of opening the 14th season for the Jung Society of Utah with a talk called Half a Shade Braver (title inspired by a line from poet David Whyte.) As soon as I received the invitation to speak, inspiration started bubbling up and I wrote more than I could share in…Read More