A note from Carl:
This week, instead of our weekly writing reflections, we would love to offer you a free sample movement lesson from our 15 Favorite Feldy Lessons series. We looove that series, and we got great feedback from participants on how the format really supported their learning and wellbeing. The lesson we’re sharing today is one we call “Self-cello: Softening the shoulders and ribs.” You can access the movement lesson for free right here.
You can access the entire course as an on-demand home study program right here.
We also have a wonderful new podcast episode with Bayo Akomolafe you can listen to right here.
We’re just wrapping up Women Embodied & Embodying a New Masculine, which have been incredible!! The Poetry Retreat finished up yesterday, and we had a beautiful Grief & Gratitude Ritual in the canyon, blessed by rainshowers and sunshine and tears and laughter on Sunday morning. We’re deeply grateful to share all of this with you.
We also have a great bounty of summer and fall offerings that are now open for registration, including Tai Chi which begins on Monday. So much goodness! Many of the offerings below are in person. We’ll also have some new online offerings coming very soon. Read on….
- Tai Chi In The Park 2018 starts June 4th! There is a reason tai chi practitioners are called “players,” rather than serious, disciplined practitioners. You play! I love this class so much. It offers an essential toolkit for being embodied in the world, and includes a great group of people moving, learning and playing together in the park on Monday evenings…Register here.
- Carl will be hosting a morning of Embodied Sitting Meditation at our home this Saturday from 8-9:30. As always, it’s offered by donation. If you plan to come, please contact us and we’ll send details on what to bring and where to come. Thanks!!
- Answering the Call of Our Times: A powerful weekend retreat with Erin returns July 27-29. You can read details and sign up right here. Space is limited to 12 participants.
- Embodiment Summer Camp is happening August 25-26th, held between Vitalize Movement Studio and gorgeous Millcreek canyon, we’ll be exploring movement lessons, embodied meditation and more. Give yourself the gift of a weekend immersion nourishing your embodied presence and movement skills. Registration now open!
- We’re planning a course in Embodied Meditation to be held both as an online course and also offered in person in a local canyon. Can you imagine practicing befriending your body and mind, growing your embodied presence while sitting still, right next to a creek, under a grove of trees? We can!! Details and registration coming soon. We’ve also rescheduled our day of The Art of Sitting at Two Arrows Zen Center for the fall. Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 29th for a day-long retreat including mindful movement lessons & embodied sitting meditation.
- Empelvised, Embellied, Empowered: A powerful course for women with Erin is coming this fall, Mondays from October 1- December 3, plus a retreat day on October 27th. Registration opening soon!
- Don’t miss our annual retreat in New Mexico! Registration now open and filling for Embody Your Genius with Erin & Nan Seymour!
- Come retreat with us in the cloud forest of Costa Rica!! Our 2019 Begin Again: Embodiment Matters Retreat will be from January 5-10 at the lovely Finca Mia. We can’t imagine a better start to the new year than stepping away from regular busy life (not to mention cold, gray WINTER) to pause, disconnect from the internet, luxuriate in long, warm days full of time for nourishing movement, meditation and inner listening, swinging in a hammock, wandering in stunningly beautiful nature, enjoying the amazing organic meals prepared for you, connecting with wonderful people, gathering around a fire, and feeling your way into intentions for the year to come. Join us!!! Our registration page is nearly complete. We’ll open spots next week. If you’d like early dibs, please let us know.
- Befriend Your Back: A 6-week Online Course is coming this fall. We’ve been teaching potent back-care practices in yoga therapy and Feldenkrais for many, many years, and are thrilled to share an easy, do-from-home course with you!!
- A favorite offering, the next online Embody Gratitude Project will be coming this fall from Oct. 15-Nov. 23.
- The next Tending The River of Grief community ritual will happen at a favorite spot in Millcreek Canyon on Saturday, October 27th. Mark your calendar.
- We’re planning our next rounds of Women Embodied: (Foundations & Widening Circles) & Embodying a New Masculine courses. More details coming soon!
a poem by Mark Nepo