With Carl Rabke beginning Mon, Sept 18th
10-11:30 am Mountain Time
How we perceive the world shapes our movement. How we move shapes and influences our perception of the world.
Many of us modern people grew up with metaphors that limit how we move and participate in the world. Many of us have learned some flavor of a mind-body split. Of being up in the head, and relating to, and giving instructions to the body, down there.
Many of us have also learned some kind of a split from the natural world, that we are separate skin-encapsulated beings, that we humans, and maybe our pets, are the ones with intelligence, and not so much the river, the ravens, the oaks, and the ground under our feet.
In this natural movement course, we will explore how when we inhabit the living, animal body intelligence that exists throughout our body, in relation to a living, dynamic animate world around us, everything changes in how we move through this world.
When we experience the world within and around us as alive, and in dynamic relationship, we move more skilfully. We move with more ease, power, sensitivity, wholeness, like children or animals.
In each of our 6 weeks together, we will explore movement lessons based on Feldenkrais and Fighting Monkey, along with other Natural Movement explorations, guided somatic meditations, all interwoven with soulful poetry, selected readings, group sharing, and practices to explore while out in the natural world.
“I loved Carl’s Animal Body and Strength and Mobility courses. For me, both were a movement laboratory in which I became aware of my habits, discovered new ways to move, and always experienced myself as a more efficient, elegant, and spontaneous mover. Now, I’m a way “over the hill” being and movement lover, so am thrilled that I continue to add to rather than subtract movements from my repertoire. I have been studying for many years with Carl and Erin and wholeheartedly attribute my body’s vitality and love of learning to their teachings, humor, and kindness. Bottom line, go ahead, give it a try, you might just discover something new and delightful about you. ” – Kristen Paul
Some of the things we will explore include:
- Deepening your direct, somatic relationship with the Earth
- Growing attentional flexibility, and learning to receive the intelligence that shines through each of our senses.
- Deepening interoception, the capacity to sense ourselves directly from inside, without needing to be interpreted by thinking mind
- Exploring embryological, and developmental movement patterns, from this life, along with movements from our much older swimming, creeping, and crawling ancestral line.
- Having access to the intelligence of the head, heart and guts simultaneously
- A quality of lightness and sensitivity in how we move.
- A reduction of unnecessary tension.
- Deepening an innate sense of rhythm.
- A deepening of self-organized, integrated strength
- Growing our skill and lightness in our transitions.
- Moving in a way that is in intimate relationship to the living world around you.
- A quality of grace and elegance in our aging
- A sense of belonging in an animate world
6 Weeks. beginning Monday, Sept 18th-Oct 23rd 10-11:30 Mountain Time on Zoom
All classes will be recorded and each registrant receives the recording if you are not able to make all of the sessions live.
Also, please read our cancellation policy here.
Also, there are scholarship spots available if money is an obstacle to participation- just shoot me a note.
Don’t know me? You can find out more here