Friends, we are thrilled to share an invitation for you to join us in the Embodiment Lab!
I made a little video to tell you about it.
For the past 20 years we've been teaching this incredible work in beautiful studios in Salt Lake City, Utah.
We usually teach to two dozen people (at the most) at a time. While we love the intimacy of that size for a live gathering, and while we utterly cherish our local live community, we've realized that the room has become too small. Many more than two dozen people at a time really need this work.
So we've created an online learning lab where you can join us in this life-giving learning from anywhere in the world - and all at your own convenience.
$50/month, cancel anytime.
Over the past several weeks, we've received countless emails from students and clients saying, "These practices I've learned from you are saving my ass during this crazy time!" We couldn't agree more. We're overflowing with gratitude for these embodied practices which are truly made for these times.
"These are not good times or bad times, these are powerful times."
-Anam Thubten Rinpoche
There is so much alive in the world right now! The amount of fear and uncertainty so many of us are carrying, the stresses of stopping work, or working on the frontlines, or having kids home, or being isolated in solitude, of being sick or having relatives who are ill...
There is just so much! This month, we will be offering many practical resources that can help us to navigate the seas we find ourselves in.
We will be approaching this from many levels including:
-Ways of growing and returning to presence. We need a wealth of embodied resources righ now. Cultivating a grounded, spacious presence and learning to move with more grace and ease is more important now than ever.
-Learning how your embodiment can be such an ally in deepening self-regulation. We can learn to recognize and unwind the fear and stress responses that naturally arise and we can learn to embody compassion and presence.
-Practices for deepening compassion for self and for others, including allowing and giving care to the many intense feeling states that arise. We can welcome them all with kindness.
-Embodied Sitting meditation practices can support us to rest in spacious awareness and help us learn to be in a different relationship with our thinking mind. "Thinking mind is a wonderful servant and a terrible master." It's true.
- Practices of positive neuroplasticity. You can change your brain for the better even during times like these. As Rick Hanson's image describes, we are hard-wired to hold onto negative experience like velcro and let positive experience slide off like teflon. As we are taking in so much negative, stressful information on a daily basis, it is absolutely essential to tune into and deeply receive the beauty and wonder in our lives.
-Of course, we'll be sharing lots of beautiful poetry and down to earth talks on caring for yourself, those around you, and the world in general.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll enjoy:
- Four unique 30(ish) minute-long instructional course videos. Each lesson will contain a talk, a guided practice, and invitations to work/play/explore on your own. The first lesson is released on the first Monday of the month, then weekly thereafter. You can access them at any time - they are prerecorded just for you and accessible for as long as we're in business. (We hope it's a very long time.)
- Four unique and accessible Embodied Movement Lessons provided as downloadable or streamable audio recordings.
- Two live 60-minute group conferences via Zoom with Erin & Carl. (Recordings will be available if you miss the live calls, and you’re most welcome to send your questions in via email.) Our calls will be held on Wednesday April 15th at 6 pm Mountain Time and Saturday April 25th at 9am Mountain Time. Calculate your time zone here.
- A wealth of additional resources including:
- quickie movement practices,
- inspiring articles,
- gorgeous poetry,
- guided meditations,
- bonus somatic practices,
- experiential anatomy teachings,
- embodied mindfulness practices,
- and potent embodied inquiries.
- Oh, it's going to be so rrrrrich!!!
- Optional opportunities to engage with other learners in the private Embodiment Lab online conversation space (not on Facebook.) One of our great blessings is the incredible community of folks that gather around this work. You will meet some incredible, wise, kind, real and authentic people who share so much wisdom!
- Invitations and reflections to help you step off the self-improvement treadmill. As Zen teacher Cheri Huber says, "Self-hatred uses self-improvement as self-maintenance." Potent learning and possibilities emerge when we exit that paradigm. Sense how your own embodied learning can help not just you, but this world. When we contextualize our learning beyond just ourselves, we find so much meaning, energy, and inspiration. As Paul Hawken says, "You are brilliant and Earth is hiring!"
- You'll have ongoing access to all the course materials via our easy to use online platform on Ruzuku. You may also download all the lessons to your own devices.
- For us, it's a given, but we'll make it explicit: We promise to treat you with the utmost respect and kindness. We'll never be bossy or shaming. You're a grown-ass adult after all, so how you use the practices is up to you. We're honored to share potent, gentle, invitational guidance to support you as you reclaim your birthright: your own incarnation, your full embodiment, and your own organic learning process. We do our best to make it as down to earth, fun, engaging, and beauty-filled as possible.
Cost is only $50 USD for each month of the Embodiment Lab!
While the price will change in the future, you will have access to as many future months as you like at the monthly price at which you first signed up for the Lab. So if you join us now, your cost will continue to be just $50 a month to participate in the monthly courses. We're starting with the price super low to encourage you to jump in and join us because it's going to be sooooooo excellent and we really hope to see you there!
You can stay with us in the lab over months or years or you can also opt to cancel at any time. We're creating this vibrant learning space so we can share so much of what we love about embodied learning and practices and perspectives that we wish everyone had access to. We've got at least 5 years' worth of materials at the ready. So let's get started!!!!
We also have scholarship spots we'll be donating each month; and more than usual during this time of Covid-19.
Please contact us if you’re interested in the work yet unable to afford the $50 cost without hardship. Please include in your email how you think this course will be of benefit in your life and anything you'd like to say about why the cost is a hardship at this time. We’ll be delighted to choose recipients each month to join us for that edition of the Embodiment Lab at a pay-what-you-can rate.
If you would like to assist us in keeping this work accessible or if you have been gifted financial assistance previously and now wish to extend this generosity to others, please contact us to make a donation to our scholarship fund. Send donations to email@example.com via PayPal.
You may also contact us if you’d like to gift membership to the Embodiment Lab to someone you love. You may gift any number of months you’d like!
Fear is the cheapest room in the house.
Hafiz translated by Daniel Ladinsky
Wishing you vast compassion, embodied presence, and sending all our love,
Carl & Erin