Friends, we are thrilled to share an invitation for you to join us in the Embodiment Lab!
the exploration of your personal, physical, ongoing relationship with the support of the Ground beneath you is a gift that keeps on giving. It can utterly change how you interact with every other situation in your life in such potent and healing ways, with grounded presence and embodied sanity. We will explore how much can change in how we move, in how we sit, in how we are with our thinking mind, in how we are in relationship with all of life, when we grow a dynamic, living relationship with the ground.
“It is a question, practically of relationship. We must get back into relation, vivid and nourishing relation to the cosmos and the universe. . . For the truth is, we are perishing for lack of fulfillment of our greater needs, we are cut off from the great sources of our inward nourishment and renewal, sources which flow eternally in the universe. Vitally, the human race is dying. It is like a great uprooted tree, with its roots in the air. We must plant ourselves again in the universe.” -DH Lawrence
Deepening our somatic relationship with the earth is one of the most practical ways of planting ourselves in the universe - of making that shift from "roots in the air" back to roots in the ground, and firmly present in the here and now. Generously giving our weight to gravity's pull allows us to feel the abundance of support beneath us in every moment, whether we're moving or still.
By enrolling in this course, you’ll enjoy:
- Four unique 30 minute-long instructional course videos plus an audio-only version of the lesson. Each lesson will contain a talk, a guided practice, and invitations to work/play/explore on your own. The first lesson is released on the 1st Monday of the month, then weekly thereafter. You can access them at any time - they are prerecorded just for you and you have lifetime access.
- Four unique and accessible Embodied Movement Lessons provided as downloadable or streamable audio recordings.
- Two live 60-minute group conferences via Zoom with Erin & Carl. (Recordings will be available if you miss the live calls, and you’re most welcome to send your questions in via email.)
- A wealth of additional resources including:
- movement quickies,
- amazing articles,
- gorgeous poetry,
- guided meditations,
- bonus somatic practices,
- bonus short videos,
- experiential anatomy teachings,
- embodied mindfulness practices,
- and potent embodied inquiries.
- Oh, it's going to be so rrrrrich.
- Optional opportunities to engage with other learners in the private Embodiment Lab online conversations (not on facebook.) One of our great blessings is the incredible communities who gather around this work. You will meet some incredible, wise, kind, real and authentic people who share so much wisdom.
- Invitations and reflections to help you step off the self-improvement treadmill. As Paul Hawken says, "You are brilliant and Earth is hiring!" Sense how your own embodied learning can help not just you, but this world. When we contextualize our learning beyond just ourselves, we find so much meaning, energy, and inspiration.
- You'll have ongoing access to all the course materials via our easy to use online platform on Ruzuku. You may also download all the lessons to your own device.
- Each month centers around a unique theme. We can hardly wait! Read more about upcoming themes here.
- For us, it's a given, but we'll make it explicit: We promise to treat you with the utmost respect and kindness. We'll never be bossy or shaming. You're a grown-ass adult after all, so how you use the practices is up to you. We're honored to share potent, gentle, invitational guidance to support you as you reclaim your birthright: your own incarnation and your own organic learning process. We do our best to make it as down to earth, fun, engaging, and beauty-filled as possible.
Cost is only $50 USD for each month of the Embodiment Lab!
While the price will change in the future, you will have access to as many future months as you like at the monthly price at which you first signed up for the Lab. So if you join us now, your cost will continue to be just $50 a month to participate in the monthly courses. We're starting with the price super low to encourage you to jump in and join us because it's going to be sooooooo excellent and we really hope to see you there!
You can stay with us in the lab over months or years or you can also opt to cancel your subscription at any time. We're creating this vibrant learning space so we can share so much of what we love about embodied learning and practices and perspectives that we wish everyone had access to. We've got at least 5 years worth of materials at the ready. So let's get started!!!!
We also have scholarship spots we'll be donating each month:
Please contact us if you’re interested in the work yet unable to afford the $50 cost without hardship. We’ll be delighted to choose several recipients each month to join us for the Embodiment Lab at a pay-what-you-can rate.
You may also contact us if you’d like to gift membership to the Embodiment Lab to someone you love. You may gift any number of months you’d like!
Knowing that you love the earth changes you, activates you to defend and protect and celebrate.
But when you feel that the earth loves you in return, the feeling transforms the relationship from a one-way street to a sacred bond.
-Robin Wall Kimmerer
We hope you'll consider joining us in December in the Embodiment Lab!
Wishing you an unshakable connection with your own body and the good Earth,
Carl & Erin